T30 Talks Tax Reform, Nurturing Talent and Designing the Ideal Treasury Dashboard
Tags: blockchain, capital structure, Dashboards, debt refinancing, FinTech, metrics, Societe Generale, T30 2018 H1 Meeting, talent management, tax reform
On the heels of recently enacted tax reform, members of NeuGroup’s Treasurers’ Group of Thirty (T30) are gearing up for their first-half meeting on March 14 at Cognizant in New Jersey, sponsored by Société Générale. Topping the agenda:
• Update on new tax rules and impact on capital structure and corporate structures. This meeting will offer expert commentary on the key elements of US tax law changes and IRS regulation that should be in focus for treasurers. That includes fully understanding the mechanics of repatriation (cash vs. non-liquid reinvested earnings), and how to decide on the timing of paying the tax on deemed repatriation. We’ll also cover messaging on capital structure and use of proceeds in response to questions and pressure from key constituencies like rating agencies and investors, including high-profile activists. And what organizational changes or changes to key treasury structures must be considered in light of tax reform?
• Treasury talent. How can the treasurer take the lead on developing treasury talent and keeping employees passionate about their work? Members will share their challenges, best ideas and successes.
• Ideal treasury dashboards and metrics. What elements are essential for your version of an ideal dashboard that truly helps set treasury priorities? We’ll look at whose dashboards and executive management reporting others can emulate, and what reporting elements/data are most valued. As more and more information becomes available in real or near-real time, for example through daily bank reporting straight into ERPs, why should you stick to old-style spreadsheet-based reporting to make data actionable? Power BI, Tableau and other solutions offer opportunities to visualize the data in very customizable ways depending on who will use it and what they need for mission-critical decision making.
• Debt refinancing best practices and optimizing the capital structure. A session featuring input from Société Générale. How can you optimize duration in your debt portfolio as rates rise?
• Current state of fintech and blockchain and use cases for treasury. Are you still a cryptocurrency skeptic?
For more than two decades, NeuGroup has led the way in peer knowledge exchange for treasury and finance professionals. With an unrivaled network of 18 invitation-only peer groups, NeuGroup facilitates over 30 face-to-face meetings to inform actions, transform practices, and enhance careers for more than 400 members from across treasury and finance functions, covering multiple industries and global regions. Visit www.Neugroup.com for more information about peer groups and www.iTreasurer.com for content and news.