We are happy to have the support of Deutsche Bank as meeting sponsor for our Asia Treasurers' Peer Group meeting in Singapore on October 10-11. We have been pleased to work with Deutsche Bank in conjunction with our Tech20, GCBG and T30-2 groups this year and are excited to extend this relationship to Asia -- a region of strategic importance to all involved.
Highlights from the ATPG meeting agenda:
- Talent Acquisition and Retention. Singapore has two percent unemployment and standards of living are improving in other regional markets such as China and India. This places a strain on treasury's HR management and has companies looking at salary and other forms of compensation.
- Fostering a new strategic vsion for regional treasury management. The growing importance of the region should be translating into more strategic decisionmaking by MNC treasury professionals heading regional centers.
- Supporting business growth. A prominent theme at prior meetings is revisited with a member case study on supply chain finance and discussion of specific tools members have deployed successfully to support the expansion of business iniatives in the region.
- The evolving economic landscape in the region. Members will hear an update on the latest economic outlook, but also discuss what economic data they receive, how they use it and how they coordinate actions with headquarters.
- Cash pooling in China. Members will discuss both pilot programs for cross-border RMB pooling and how they will fit into increasingly streamlined gobal cash pooling infrastructure.